Welcome to the fifth post in the “10 Ways to Support Immigrants and Refugees” series!
#6: Stay Informed
Although we have already discussed educating yourself in this blog series, refugee and immigration rights and situations are constantly changing. New information is essential when it comes to staying up to date on social issues such as those impacting refugees and immigrants in the United States and across the globe. When you become passionate about these issues, it can be tempting to immediately talk about them to everyone you know. However, it is important to stay informed with these topics if you wish to become a strong advocate for immigrants and refugees.
The following resources may be helpful on your journey to becoming an informed immigrant and refugee advocate:
- Boundless Immigration News
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Newsletters
- Immigration Advocates Network
- Introduction to Refugees, Asylum-Seekers, and Migrants from Amnesty International
- International Rescue Committee
How do you stay updated on issues affecting immigrants and refugees in your community and across the globe? Let us know on our social media!
– Annaliese Fowler, Puente CI Data Analyst